Monday, April 25, 2011

News from India

Happy Anzac Day. It's a shame we had some rain in Sydney for the Dawn Service and the march but it didn't seem to dampen the spirits of those marching, or the big crowds who turned out to watch. I remember how excited my Dad used to be when he polished his medals and headed into town for the march - and because Anzac Day was his birthday he got free drinks after the march - we never saw much of him on his birthday!
Anyway, on to India. On Friday I got a message from Maninder in New Delhi that Sumit (who is doing the logistics) had returned from starting the walk with Robin. He said that Robin had somehow managed to break his Canon camera and Sumit was getting him a new one. As if the phpne bills aren't enough now there is a new Canon DSLR to pay for!!!
Robin rang me briefly from a pass somewhere in India a few hours ago to say hello (I think) and told me they had good weather, they were heading for Munsiyari and he'd call later. He mentioned that Bob was NOT enjoying the trail!  So I expect to hear more about the camera and who knows what else.
Meanwhile I got to watch the Tahs only just get done by the Reds on Saturday night, and yesterday I enjoyed Lebanese Easter Sunday lunch at my friend Rhonda's. And no, I didn't need dinner! Poor Rhonda had to go for a second round after I bailed out. Groan!
Visited the Batty One today - Di my sister was there too and it was of course another surreal experience. I'm not sure if mum even remembered it was dad's birthday - she doesn't go out to the cemetery anymore. She hardly even goes to the mailbox.
Well I'll let you know the news from our man in Munsiyari later.
I'm off to pour a drink and say cheers to the men and women of the armed forces.
Lest we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment