Monday, August 2, 2010

I had a birthday!

And what fun it was...finally got to enjoy the decorated desk and all the lolly bags - even got taken out for lunch, and dinner. Lots of useful pressies (chocolates mostly) AND today is a bank holiday so I get a long weekend - and you can't complain about that.
I can however complain about this weather, which seems to be just getting colder. One of our gas heaters conked out last week which means there is only one room at home we can warm up (I was going to say 'keep warm' but that would imply that it actually GOT warm...). Seems the only time I get warm is to have a 'tropical moment' and I don't enjoy that too much. But the 5 cent jar at work is filling up nicely! I'm sure it won't be long before we get the small personal fan to share.
So this weekend we had visitors to stay - GT and Flip from Oxshott who I met travelling in Pakistan 20 years ago. We always have a good time (and lots of wine), they have been trekking with us in Nepal, and we always catch up with them when we got to the UK. Speaking of which, Robin is off to the UK in September (using up both our expiring frequent flyer points) and now his dad has offered to buy me a ticket so I can go to. But I'm not sure if I want to go or not? I'm not one of the UK's biggest fans that's for sure, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that gets on my goat. If I have a job I can't really take time off, and if I don't have a job should I be goofing around on the other side of the planet for 2 weeks? My job at the credit union is only till 3 September and I'm not sure there will be another extension in it, so I would have to find another job straight away and then leave after a week, or go 4 weeks without a job and hope to find something. Or I could just do whatever I feel like...
Got another friend coming round for dinner tonight, and Robin has to go to the dentist shortly to investigate a mystery toothache that has been bugging him for a while. The curry I'm cooking is smelling pretty good but I suppose I should go and check shortly.
So as part of my day off I had some knee physio, and am now enjoying Judge Judy in front of the heater. I love Judge Judy. The way she tells stupid people to shut up cracks me up. Apparently she once wrote a book called 'Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.'



I'd rather be at that pool than back at work tomorrow. Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment